Canes Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why the Canes Should Wait on Aho and Ned

Go down

Why the Canes Should Wait on Aho and Ned Empty Why the Canes Should Wait on Aho and Ned

Post by Mattchoo12 Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:52 pm

For most teams that don't make the playoffs, it's hard to find things to be excited about. Thankfully, this isn't the case for the Hurricanes. Our prospect pools for goalies and forwards got a lot brighter this season with the emergence of Sebastian Aho and Alex Nedeljkovic. Each player had a fantastic season, but it is my belief that we should be patient with both players.

I'm not saying that either player is bad. Both are extremely talented, but would it possibly be better to have them spend a season in the AHL?

Alex Nedeljkovic

Ned would benefit tremendously from spending a season or two down in Charlotte. Since he is now able to play at the AHL level, he'd instantly be given a job as a backup. He could split starts with Altshuller, and focus on playing against older players and more seasoned players. This way is also safer for the organization as well. He could easily be called up to start in a couple games that the Canes need to win. He has playoff experience, and even though they got swept by the London Knights, he knows what to do. A year in Charlotte would benefit him much more than some would think.

Sebastian Aho

Now don't hate me yet. I know there's so much buzz around him playing in the NHL next season, but it may not be for the best. Since he played overseas, it will take time for him to adjust to the NHL style of play. A smaller rink, a more physical game, and more talent can be daunting to a player of his size that's used to dancing around other players. The AHL would provide Aho with an easier, no-pressure, situation where he can develop into a permanent NHLer. He also wouldn't have his development slowed like it has with Lindholm.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to Canes Chatter for letting me post!

Mattchoo12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum