Canes Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITS HAPPENING

3 posters

Go down

ITS HAPPENING Empty ITS HAPPENING

Post by Mattchoo12 Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Now that the title has gotten your attention, we have some big news. Your Carolina Hurricanes not only robbed the Blackhawks of a potential top 6 forward and a depth forward, they knocked Chicago's lamps over on the way out. All jokes aside, this was another phenomenal trade for Carolina.

The Carolina Hurricanes traded this year's 50th overall pick (from New York) and a 2017 third round pick in exchange for Bryan Bickell and Teuvo Teravainen. Wow. The third round pick involved in this trade is Chicago's 2017 third, sent over to us in the deal that brought Nordstrom and Versteeg to Carolina. Adding Bickell is a low risk, potentially high reward move. He's struggled in Chicago to maintain a roster spot, but he's the fourth line guy that the Canes need. He is physical and has a decent scoring touch, and will provide Stanley Cup experience to a very young roster. He comes with a cap hit of $4 million for this next year, and then becomes a UFA. If he pans out as a decent pickup for the Canes, Francis may want to consider signing him to a cheaper deal.

Teuvo Teravainen is a wonderful pickup. He was the 18th overall pick in 2012, and will be finishing up the last year of his entry level contract this year. As a 21 year old Finnish player, I believe that he will be playing alongside his countryman Sebastian Aho this season. The two play very similarly, and the chemistry that they could have between eachother is astounding. Teravainen comes with a cap hit of about $832,500 and will be an RFA at the end of the year.
The Hurricanes got two key pieces in this deal. They received a big, physical presence who may be able to crack the 3rd or 4th line, and a Finnish player who will be able to help ease our scoring troubles. The Canes now need less than $9 million in signings or additions to hit the cap floor, so expect more moves to be made.
In addition, the Canes turned Drew MacIntyre, Jake Massie, a 2016 5th round pick, and a 2016 2nd round pick into Bryan Bickell, Joakim Nordstrom, Valentin Zykov, and Teuvo Teravainen. Impressive work, Ron Francis.

Sources: generalfanager.com and Mike Sundheim

Mattchoo12

Back to top Go down

ITS HAPPENING Empty Re: ITS HAPPENING

Post by Caniac31 Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 pm

What an amazing trade by GMRF! Love this move. I had to buy a new Canes shirt because I was so excited lol. Who do you think we will target next?

Caniac31

Back to top Go down

Post by CanesChatter Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Caniac31 wrote:What an amazing trade by GMRF! Love this move. I had to buy a new Canes shirt because I was so excited lol. Who do you think we will target next?
I think the next move by the Hurricanes would be re-signing Victor Rask. Trade-wise, I'm not really sure.

CanesChatter
Admin

https://caneschatter.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattchoo12 Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:05 pm

If the Hurricanes could trade for a goalie, that'd be ideal.

Mattchoo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum